Monday, October 7, 2013

First Character Revision

Yeah scratch that first sketch


Not being so confident with my character design skills I called upon the help of my friend, Dora, who pumps out characters like Aaron Rodgers does touchdowns.  [ Using a football analogy for describing character design? yeah, I do that ] 

She had been there for my formulating the theme behind my film and had an understanding of what I was trying to achieve... and then she saw my character.  Criticality ensued, but for good reason.  In making him more human-like I can give him a more distinct age and can use human-like facial features that are universally recognized to describe a more facial wear and tear to the character.

So I took the critique with open arms and began to really get into character development.


Here's a sketch in the meantime showing his proportions, standing in a pose I might use to open the film.  On the page are some shot ideas and some notes from Ruben's class where he began to get into the nitty gritty of Aristotelian narrative.
 

This page is where I determined that it would be important to start with shots showing him being comfortable, to contrast what happens afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment