Monday, October 7, 2013

First Character Sketch





This is the first full sketch of my character, the farmer.

My main focus was to emphasize his eyes and make them stand out and also to be able to visually describe sadness.  His body type is to remain skinny as it describes a certain frailty that I want my character to achieve visually.

A nice surprise came in the form of his hat, as by the time I drew it and took a step back really had a way of defining his character... I took time to develop the meaning of his hat.

Here are some notes from my sketchbook:

[ - moment where he loses his hat is a moment of vulnerability
  - more symbolism for his hat?
           - symbol of possession/material
           - symbol of vocation
           - defines who he is
           - hides behind it, thus a symbol of safety/shelter/comfort  ]



No comments:

Post a Comment