Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Directed Study




This is my final assignment for my Experimental Animation course.

I compiled a few different things I've been working on throughout the semester to create a pseudo-trailer for my film, Odium (working title), which I am about halfway through developing.

What I am aiming for here is essentially to give the sense of what my film is about, introducing my farmer and the tornado.

Software used:

Photoshop
Flash
After Effects
Premiere
Maya
TV Paint
DragonFrame



Newest Scenes

Storm
I re-did the scene from my 'Character Study 2' video, taking the character out and tweaking a few other things.  I used this shot in the Directed Study to describe the storm exclusively.


Walking
In removing the storm aspect from my 'Character Study 2', I was able to recreate the environment that my character was walking through.  Now it has a much calmer tone to it, essential in creating the lead-up to the tornado shot.



Tornado
I spent the weekend (and then some) creating a tornado shot.  Using the reference of a photograph by Camille Seaman along with endless youtube videos of tornados, I animated one of my own using Flash.

Then I brought that into after effects and composited it with some footage I was using for my Deeper Focus work from Experimental Animation to get a sense of the texture of the tornado.







No comments:

Post a Comment