Thursday, December 12, 2013

Grad Panel

Here's a quick recap of my grad review panel - which happened earlier today.

1) There are confusing parts in my animatic regarding which character we are currently following.  This was made clear over time in the animatic but at first was a little ambiguous.

2) That being said, overall, the rest of the drawings were nice and readable.

3) Story suggestion: have him go outside in the beginning.

4) Story suggestion: have him stay outside in the ending.

5) Worry more about animating as opposed to story, right now.

6) Character suggestion: keep him athletic and built to serve a particular contrast towards the subject matter of what I am making this film for.

The last one puts me in a little bit of a dilemma.  For a while there have been suggestions towards making him move less like a 'hero'... less built and less athletic.  Strong suggestions at that.  So now there have been a good amount of suggestions sitting on either side of this dilemma.


I know there are pros and cons to both, but what it really comes down to is why I am making this film.

My decision on this is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment